Friday, January 1, 2010

My Blog Desires

I'm not really sure what I'm doing here, but I felt like I needed to start to record some thoughts about, well, everything.



I love baseball (as you probably already can tell) and there is a distinct reason for the name of my blog. Here is the quick story -



I grew up in Pennsylvania (forever forward known as "PA") and the winters would be quite unfriendly. Sure, we'd have some fun when the snow was falling, but the shoveling and the freezing and the slight melting and the re-freezing was enough to dampen anyone's spirits. It would usually be the worst in late January and early February.



HOWEVER, something magical would happen every February 15th (or thereabouts). I'd open up the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal, and there it was.......the published account of when the Phillies would have Spring Training in Clearwater, FL and who they would play that March in the Grapefruit League.



It is nearly impossible to describe, but just seeing that information in print would bring a bit of sunshine to my day. It was time to start thinking about Spring time again. It was time to start thinking about whether or not I was still good enough to play baseball myself for my own team. It was time to start looking for new batting gloves.



It was a re-birth of sorts - a time to know that things are about to get a lot better no matter how much the doldrums have their hooks into you.



So, this is where I am right now in my life when it comes to my thoughts and cerebral introspection. I feel like I have some things to say. I'm not sure if anyone will ever read them.....I'm not sure I care. I'm hoping that by finding a method to record my thoughts, I will find out more about myself....and, that I won't have this feeling like it is late January in PA all the time when it comes to my thoughts about the world, and life, and everything else that does (or doesn't) matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment