My favorite day of the year as a kid and young adult living in the frozen tundra of PA. The day you knew that it meant that soon it will be warm again. Soon, it will be time to shed the snow suit for the mitt. Soon, you won't need gloves anymore. Soon, it will be time to watch the Phillies in those beautiful pinstripes.
As much as things change from year to year, you always knew that Spring Training was on its way.
I like change when it's healthy - but, I also like tradition. It's like I said to good friends of mine over Christmas break in PA - we may work somewhere else, or we may live somewhere else, but it's great to know that you can always "go home" and enjoy the company of good friends....and, that they support you no matter what your flaws.
Well - welcome home good friend......PLAY BALL!

No comments:
Post a Comment